for a full listing of the National Environment and Rural Affairs Committee 2013.
Message from the Chairman
The National Environment & Rural Affairs Committee is committed to removing unnecessary and excessive bureaucracy being imposed on farmers. As National Chairman, I will work with Government, State Agencies, key stakeholders and IFA Officers to:
- Create a greater understanding of the fact that farmers -
- In recent years have spent over €2.5bn ensuring that their farms conform to the highest environmental standards.
- Have the most emission efficient food production system in Europe, because of our grass based production system.
- Resist any efforts to introduce excessive and unworkable climate change legislation, which would limit the growth potential of the agri-food sector.
- Negotiate with the Departments of Agriculture and Environment to achieve the workable implementation of the land improvement regulation.
- Resist further unjustifiable charges being imposed on rural dwellers, such as septic tank charges and proposed water abstraction charges.
- Seek realistic REFIT tariffs that will make micro-wind energy a viable proposal.
- Negotiate with the Department of Transport and the RSA, and secure workable weights when using agricultural vehicles on public roads.
- Seek a more workable solution to the on-going farming by date and slurry spreading difficulties.
About the Chairman.