09 Sep 2016
REGULATIONS OF EUR500 MILLION JULY PACKAGE NOW PUBLISHED – 09 SEPTEMBERBrussels Daily
The precise details of the € 500 million aid package* for the dairy and other livestock sectors announced by Commissioner Phil Hogan in July have been published in today’s Official Journal L242 of 09 September.
The 7 different regulations implementing the € 500 million aid package* for the dairy and other livestock sectors announced by Commissioner Phil Hogan in July have been published in the Official Journal of the European Union today. With the original versions having been finalised in August, the respective texts have now been translated into all EU languages and formally adopted.
In concrete terms, the new rules relate to the following 3 Delegated Regulations and 4 Implementing Regulations:
- Commission Delegated Regulation 2016/1612 providing aid for milk production reduction [EUR 150 million]
- Commission Delegated Regulation 2016/1613 providing for exceptional adjustment aid to milk producers and farmers in other livestock sectors [EUR 350 million]
- Commission Delegated Regulation 2016/1614 laying down temporary exceptional measures for the milk and milk products sector in the form of extending the public intervention period for skimmed milk powder in 2016 and advancing the public intervention period for skimmed milk powder in 2017 and derogating from Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/1238 as regards the continued application of Regulation (EC) No 826/2008 with respect to aid for private storage under Implementing Regulation (EU) No 948/2014 and of Regulation (EU) No 1272/2009 with respect to public intervention under this Regulation
- Commission Implementing Regulation 2016/1615 amending Implementing Regulation (EU) 2016/559 as regards the period in which agreements and decisions on the planning of production in the milk and milk products sector are authorised [Article 222]
- Commission Implementing Regulation 2016/1616 amending Implementing Regulation (EU) No 948/2014 as regards the last day for submission of applications for private storage aid for skimmed milk powder
- Commission Implementing Regulation 2016/1617 derogating from Regulation (EU) No 1307/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards a possible revision of the voluntary coupled support measures in the milk and milk products sector for claim year 2017
- Commission Implementing Regulation 2016/1619 derogating in respect of claim year 2016 from the third subparagraph of Article 75(1) of Regulation (EU) No 1306/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards the level of advance payments for direct payments and area-related and animal-related rural development measures and from the first subparagraph of Article 75(2) of that Regulation as regards direct payments.
For more details on milk policy instruments, see: http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/milk/policy-instruments/index_en.htm.