03 Feb 2015
8th TTIP ROUND – BRUSSELS 04 FEBRUARYBrussels Daily
Stakeholders event of the 8th Round Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) Negotiations
On Wednesday 4th February 2015, during the eight round of the Transatlantic Trade & Investment Partnership (TTIP) negotiations, taking place in Brussels from 2nd to 6th February 2015, the Directorate General for Trade of the European Commission will organise two stakeholder engagement events.
1. Stakeholder presentations event
From 11:00 to 13:30, stakeholders wishing to make short presentations (5 minutes) on a topic related to the TTIP negotiations will have the opportunity to explain their views to EU and US negotiators as well as to other interested stakeholders.
In order to facilitate engagement with the relevant negotiators, presentations will take place simultaneously in four rooms grouped as following:
- Issues related to manufacturing including horizontal regulatory coherence, technical barriers to trade (TBT), specific sectors, energy and raw materials
- Issues related to agriculture including agricultural market access, related regulatory issues and Geographical Indications
- Issues related to services, investment and public procurement
- Issues related to rules – sustainable development, customs and trade facilitation, competition & state-owned enterprises (SOEs), small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
Note: presentations may be allocated in a different room than initially planned depending on the demand and timing available. A final schedule will be provided to participants after confirmation of their registration and published in DG Trade website.
See online – EU negotiating texts in TTIP