08 Apr 2016
AGENDA AGRICULTURE COUNCIL 11 APRILBrussels Daily
Agriculture and Fisheries Council – Monday 11 April – Luxembourg starting at 10.00
The Commission will be invited to inform ministers of the latest developments concerning agriculture sectors facing particular difficulties. These include the pig meat, dairy and fruit and vegetable sectors. It will also provide information on the implementation of measures listed in the presidency conclusions on market situation and support measures, agreed on 14 March. These measures aim to improve the situation of European farmers.
Ministers will exchange views on a regulation to improve the conservation of fishery resources and the protection of marine ecosystems. The draft regulation focuses on simplification, modernisation of decision making and strengthening the long-term approach to conservation and resource management, including:
- confronting the discards problem
- more stakeholder involvement
- more industry responsibility
The Council will also receive an update of discussions on a regulation to improve the collection and use of data in the fisheries sector. This proposal aims to align the current EU data collection framework with the new common fisheries policy and improve the simplification of the current system.
- Negotiation of the Association Agreement between the European Union and Mercosur
- Critical situation in the dairy market
- Request for modification of the implementation rules to be provided for in the planned support scheme for the fruit and vegetable producers with regard to embargo established by the Russian Federation
- Extention of the final date for submition of aid applications – Requested by the Polish delegation
- Outcome of the political Forum “Rethinking the Food Supply Chain” (Kaunas, Lithuania, 31 March 2016) – Requested by the Lithuanian delegation
- Proposal for a Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning the establishment of a Union framework for the collection, management and use of data in the fisheries sector and support for scientific advice regarding the Common Fisheries Policy (recast) (First reading) – State of play