15 July 2019
- 10:10 Public session
- 14:55 Public session
- 20:00 Press conference
The Council will be informed about the priorities and work programme of Finland’s presidency in the field of agriculture and fisheries.
Future of the CAP post 2020
Ministers will exchange views on the environmental and climate-related aspects of the post 2020 Common Agricultural Policy reform package.
The Council will be updated on the work of the high level group on sugar created by the Commission to carry out a thorough evaluation of the sugar sector at EU and national level.
Any other business
Ministers will be informed about a variety of issues:
- the state of play of African swine fever
- animal welfare during transport
- plant protection products and pest management
- the EU-Mercosur trade agreement
- the outcome of the third EU-African Union agriculture ministerial conference
- the BIOEAST initiative
- the difficult situation in the rice sector