BEEF & SHEEP UPDATE 17th OCTOBER

Home
Sectors
Cattle
BEEF & SHEEP UPDATE 17th OCTOBER
17 Oct 2020

BEEF & SHEEP UPDATE 17th OCTOBER

Cattle, Prices, Sheep

70% Basic Payment Advance

The Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Charlie McConalogue T.D., today announced the commencement of advance payments under the 2020 Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) (including Greening).
The BPS advance payment is commencing today at the earliest date possible under EU Regulations. The payment is set at a rate of 70% with the remaining 30% due on 1st December 2020.
Regular pay runs will be in place over the coming weeks to pay BPS and ANC cases as they become cleared for payment.


BEEF MARKET UPDATE

Latest Beef Price Update 15th October 2020:

Steers €3.60/3.65. Heifers €3.60/3.70. Y bulls €3.50/3.80. Cows €3.00/3.50/kg.

Week 41 Slaughter Figures
05/10/2020 – 11/10/2020
Animal Numbers % of Total Kill % Change from prev. Week
Steers 17,523 47% +2.2%
Heifers 9,703 27% +2.7%
Young Bulls 1,434 4% +4.0%
Cows 7,385 20% +1.5%
Total 36,500 +2.5%
Year to Date Slaughter Figures
  Numbers Change from 2019
TOTAL 1,394,137 +3.5%

Source: DAFM Weekly Beef Slaughter Figures

Official Irish Prices   Official GB Prices
Animal Euro/Kg Change from prev. week Animal GBP/Kg Change from prev. week Euro/Kg
R3 Steers €3.79 -0.3% R3 Steers £3.75 0% €4.34
R3 Heifers €3.84 +0.3% R3 Heifers £3.74 0% €4.33
Y Bulls O €3.41 -0.3% Y Bulls O £3.46 -0.8% €4.01
R €3.62 +0.8% R £3.70 +0.2% €4.29
U €3.74 -0.8% U £3.73 +0.2% €4.32
Cows O €3.11 0% Cows O £2.78 -0.3% €3.22
R €3.31 0% R £2.89 0.3% €3.35

Source: DAFM Average Prices, AHDB Deadweight Cattle Price Report


Source: European Commission

Live Exports:

Source: Bord Bia


SHEEP MARKET UPDATE

Latest Lamb Price Update 15th October 2020:

Lambs steady. QA lambs €5.25 – 5.40. Producer groups on more. Most plants on 22kgs Producer groups on more. Ewes unchanged €2.60-2.80.

Week 41 Slaughter Figures 05/10/2020 – 11/10/2020
Animal Numbers % Change from prev. Week % Change from same week 2019
Sheep 62,401 -0.55% -5.7%
Year to Date Slaughter Figures
  Numbers Change from 2019
TOTAL 2,245,881 +5%

Source: DAFM Meat Market Report, AHDB GB Deadweight Sheep Prices

Official Irish Prices Official GB Prices
  Euro/Kg % Change from same week in 2019   GBP/Kg Euro/Kg
Lamb €4.90 +20% Lamb £4.36 €5.04

Source: DAFM Meat Market Report


Source: European Commission

Live Trade: Total live exports stood at 23,749 head to the middle of September.

Select and Sell: As always, the advice is to move lambs as they become fit.

Copyright 2020 © - The Irish Farmers Association - Web Design Dublin by Big Dog
Top