26 Jan 2018
BREXIT, MERCOSUR, RENEWABLES AND MORE ON THE AGENDA FOR THE WEEK AHEADPresident
A busy week ahead next week with engagements planned on issues including Mercosur, Brexit, renewable policy and aquaculture licencing.
On Monday, IFA President Joe Healy will be in Brussels for a number of meetings on the Mercosur trade deal as negotiations resume. He will be making the strong case that agriculture cannot be sacrificed in the deal with South American countries. Read more about IFA’s recent engagement on Mercosur
Back in Dublin, on Tuesday, Joe Healy will address the House of Lords EU Committee on the impact of Brexit on Irish agriculture and the trading relationship between the UK and Ireland. Read more about IFA’s work on Brexit
Also on Tuesday, IFA representatives will meet with the Department of Agriculture to progress aquaculture licencing and will address a Joint Oireachtas Committee on renewables policy – you can watch the address live at oireachtas.ie or read more about what IFA had to say on the IFA website following the meeting.
On Friday, Joe Healy will speak at the Professional Agricultural Contractors of Ireland Conference, which focuses on farming technologies.
Your association, your voice
Have your say at the IFA meetings taking place around the country this week!
- Kilkenny IFA AGM, Monday at 8pm in the Newpark Hotel
- Louth meeting on CAP, Monday at 8.30pm in the Monasterboice Inn
- Kildare/West Wicklow AGM, Monday at 8pm in the Keadeen Hotel, Newbridge
- Mayo County Executive, Monday at 8.30pm in the Travellers Friend Hotel, Castlebar
- Limerick AGM, Thursday at 8.30pm in the Woodlands Hotel, Adare