Regional Executive Roles
We are hiring full time roles in the following regional areas; Cork, Kerry/Limerick, Tipperary and Meath.
The IFA is the largest representative body of Irish Farmers with over 70,000 members. The purpose of the Regional Executive is to play a leadership role in member engagement activity in designated regions and to be the point of contact for elected IFA leaders, IFA Members and key stakeholders.
The objectives of IFA are to provide focused leadership for its members thereby improving the living standards of farmers, social conditions, and the quality of rural life generally. The Association promotes the ongoing development and importance of Irish agriculture and food industry in the National economy.
IFA represents farmers in negotiations with Government, the European institutions, food safety and environmental agencies, the farm supply and processing industries and retailers.
- Provide support to the Associations elected members in the region
- Co-ordinate and attend member engagement events in marts, discussion groups and IFA meetings and events
- Work within specific IFA regions to coordinate all activities in the region
- Deal with and help resolve member queries
- Liaise with all sectors of agribusiness in the region
- Income account management and development
- Stakeholder management e.g. local press, Government bodies, Agribusinesses
- Performing any additional responsibilities where required to advance member engagement
- Role is varied and offers flexibility but will require working in the evenings and occasionally at weekends.
- Knowledge of the farming and agriculture sector
- Experience of relationship, event management and member/customer engagement
- Proven capacity to work on own initiative
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have excellent planning, interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate the capacity to achieve in a demanding work environment.
Closing Date for applications will be Friday 16th of October 2020.
Please forward your CV in confidence to: email@example.com