IFA Hill Farming Executive
- Gerry Gunning
- 01 4260336
Gerry is deeply involved in Structural and Rural Development Policies for many years and has been at the centre of negotiations with the Government and the EU on key farm income and investment supports – REPS, FWM, Less Favoured Areas etc. He is a graduate of the UCD Agricultural Faculty and is from a farming background in Co. Roscommon. He represents IFA on the EU & National Committees dealing with Rural Development.
About the Hill Farming Committee
- The Hill Farmers Committee represents 20,000 hill farmers.
- The main objective to the Committee is to improve farm income and to seek supports through various measures which are necessary to sustain in these difficult areas.
- The membership of the Committee is drawn from those counties that have a high proportion of hill land.
- The Committee deals with all aspects of CAP both Pillar I and Pillar II as it affects hill farmers.
- It is also involved in the recreational use of hill land mainly through the walks scheme and through involvement with Comhairle na Tuaithe.
Hill Farming Committee 2017
|ROLE & COUNTY||NAME||MOBILE NO.|
|CHAIRMAN:||Pat Dunne||087 4109259|
|Richard Meaney||086 8310209|
|CLARE||Stephen Walsh||087 6303046|
|COOLEY||Declan Mills||087 6683783|
|CONNEMARA||Eamon Nee||087 9334642|
|CORK||Teddy Creedon||087 9097485|
|DONEGAL||Bernard C. Duffy||087 2545795|
|KERRY||Flor McCarthy||086 2612989|
|KILDARE / WEST WICKLOW||Denis Halpin||087 2988557|
|LEITRIM||Shane McKeown||087 2543946|
|MAYO||Thomas Mulchrone Jnr.||087 1343305|
|SLIGO||Benedict Gallagher||087 9905123|
|WATERFORD / SOUTH TIPP||Frank Cunningham||051 291117|
|WICKLOW||Peter Murphy||086 8229882|