16 Jul 2015
DAIRY PRODUCTS DASHBOARD UPDATED – 16 JULYBrussels
View the Dashboard here
- EU dairy commodity prices slightly down in week 28, except for uplift by 1.6% for WMP.
- spot milk prices increase to 24 c/kg in the NL and to 34 c/kg in IT.
- feed cost increase by 3.4% and energy costs decrease by 1.6% in week 28, compared to 4 weeks ago.
- World quotations down compared to a fortnight ago, except for a 2.5% increase for US cheddar.
- EU exports in Jan-May 2015: +9% butter, +12% SMP ? remarkable development in Egypt.
- 44% increase in Chinese imports of casein/caseinates in Jan-May 2015 (29% coming from the EU).
- decrease in WMP exports for all main exporting regions in the world.
- cheese imports increase in Japan, the US and Mexico in Jan-May 2015.