18 Jan 2019
European Milk Market ObservatoryBrussels Daily
European Milk Market Observatory updates
European Milk Market Observatory – DASHBOARD
• EU SMP prices keep on improving: +4.6%, now at 179 €/100kg.
• EU WMP and cheddar prices have also increased, but at a lower rate. EU butter prices have slightly fallen, yet remain close to 4500€/t.
• EU spot milk prices have increased both in NL and in IT.
• EU dairy exports improve in November, except for WMP.
• 2018 likely to be a record year for EU exports of SMP and cheese.
• China has shown an outstanding import performance in Jan-Nov 2018 with increases in all dairy categories but cheese (double digit growth for butter, lactose, and casein).
• The EU stands as main world exporter of cheese, SMP, whey powder and condensed milk. NZ leads the ranking for butter, WMP and casein.