16 Mar 2017
FIVE TIPS FOR BEST USE OF PPPS AHEAD OF SPRAYING SEASONEnvironment & Rural Affairs, Grain
Ahead of spraying season, take a look at some best practice advice on the application of plan protection products on land, particularly near lakes and rivers used as drinking water sources.
- Choose the right pesticide product & always read and follow the label instructions
- Determine the right amount to purchase and use
- Don’t spray if rain or strong wind is forecast in the next 48 hours
- Avoid spills, stay well back from open drains and rinse empty containers 3 times into the sprayer.
- Store and dispose of pesticides and their containers properly.