19 May 2016
MILK MARKET OBSERVATORY DASHBOARD UPDATED – 19 MAYBrussels Daily
View the latest updated Milk Market Observatory Dashboard here
- Slight improvement in EU butter and SMP prices, WMP and cheddar stable compared to the previous 4 weeks’ average.
- EU cheddar prices expressed in dollars higher than US, significant decrease in US cheddar quotation (-8.8%).
- Oceania is the most competitive region for all dairy commodities.
- NL spot milk price up last week (18.5 c/kg).
- Cost evolutions over 4 weeks increased by 6.8% for feed and by 9.1% for energy.
- GDT auction on 17 May closed with a 2.6% price index increase.