IFA URGE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE TO APPROVE REMAINING 3,000 AEOS APPLICATIONS

Home
Cross Sectors
Rural Development
IFA URGE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE TO APPROVE REMAINING 3,000 AEOS APPLICATIONS
04 Nov 2010

IFA URGE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE TO APPROVE REMAINING 3,000 AEOS APPLICATIONS

Rural Development

IFA Rural Development Committee Chairman Tom Turley has urged the Department of Agriculture to immediately approve the 3,000 farmers who are still awaiting entry to the AEOS scheme.

Speaking following a meeting with the Minister for Agriculture Brendan Smith, Mr. Turley said AEOS farmers with SACs and commonages have had their approvals held up so far. Already 6,000 farmers have been approved with a start up date of 1st September. All 9,000 farmers must have this start up date and it is unacceptable that the 3,000 AEOS farmers with SAC and commonages who are soon to be written to are being given a start up date of 1st November.

Mr. Turley said that the Department of Agriculture must notify all remaining farmers without delay as to the start up date, as it is now 6 months since they applied. They have commenced works and are incurring costs of compliance with the scheme.

In relation to REPS 4, the Department has told IFA that farmers will receive their first 75% of payment worth an average of €4,650 during the period end of November/early December. The remaining 25% will be paid later.

Also up to 10,000 REPS 3 farmers whose plans finish in October, November or December 2011 should be paid their full payment by year-end if they send in their 1C form by the anniversary date of the start up of the last year of the plan.

Mr. Turley said over €130m in REPS payments can be made before year-end and he urged the Minister for Agriculture to ensure all funding is fully utilised in the current financial year bringing the total payment to €330m.

Copyright 2015 © - The Irish Farmers Association - Web Design by Big Dog, Dublin