Forestry grants are available from the Forest Service (Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine) under the Forestry Programme 2014-2020. The Department set out the requirements of the funding in the scheme manual ad approves the grant and premium payments.
- Afforestation and Woodland Creation scheme
- Native Woodland Establishment scheme
- Native Woodland Conservation scheme
- Forest Road scheme
- Woodland Improvement scheme – Thinning grant scheme
- Woodland Improvement – Continuous Forest Cover scheme
Register of Foresters and Forestry Consultants
For a listing of registered Foresters and Forestry Consultants click here.
For a listing of List of Native Woodland Scheme (NWS) Ecologists click here.
Directory of professional Ecologists for forestry projects click here.
Procedures and Operational Standards
The Forest Standards Manual sets out the procedures and operational standards required under the various forestry support schemes. Adherence to procedures and operation standards is a condition of all grant schemes and aims to ensure that all timber produced in Ireland is derived from sustainably managed forests and that State investment in forestry is protected.
- Forestry Standards Manual
- Land Type for Afforestation
- Environmental Requirements for Afforestation
- Appropriate Assessment Procedures
Code of Best Forest Practice