04 Jul 2016
TTIP 14TH ROUND – 13 JULYBrussels Daily
14th Round Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership Negotiations – Stakeholder events
On Wednesday 13 July 2016, during the 14th round of the Transatlantic Trade & Investment Partnership (TTIP) negotiations, taking place in Brussels from 11 to 15 July 2016, the Directorate General for Trade of the European Commission will organise two stakeholder engagement events.
1. Stakeholder presentations event
Stakeholders wishing to make short presentations (5 minutes) on a topic related to the TTIP negotiations will have the opportunity to explain their views to EU and US negotiators as well as to other interested stakeholders. In order to facilitate engagement with the relevant negotiators, presentations will take place simultaneously in three rooms grouped as following:
- Issues related to industrial goods including regulatory cooperation, technical barriers to trade (TBT), and specific sectors
- Issues related to market access: agriculture products and processed foods (including Geographical Indications), services, investment and public procurement
- Issues related to rules – sustainable development, customs and trade facilitation, competition & state-owned enterprises (SOEs), intellectual property rights, small and medium enterprises (SMEs), energy and raw materials
Note: presentations may be allocated in a different room than initially planned depending on the demand and timing available. The confirmation of registration and a schedule of presentations will be provided to participants by 11 july 2016.
2. Chief negotiators’ briefing to stakeholders
Stakeholders will be briefed in detail by the EU and US chief negotiators on the status of the negotiations and will have the opportunity to exchange views with them.