14 Jun 2018
VACANCY: EUROPEAN AFFAIRS EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT – IFA BRUSSELS OFFICEIFA in Brussels
IFA is seeking to recruit an Executive Assistant for its European Affairs Brussels office, reporting to the Director of the office.
This is an active lobbying organisation, operating at the highest levels within the European Institutions on behalf of Irish farmers.
The individual should have an appropriate qualification, a high level of organisational ability, excellent communication and IT skills and the ability to work independently as well as supporting the Director.
A good insight into the operation of the EU Institutions in Brussels, particularly in the agriculture sector, and a good knowledge of French would be an advantage.
The successful candidate should display an ability to prioritise, and be flexible in operating across a range of diverse sectors and areas of interest to Irish farmers.
- Administration of the IFA office in Brussels and supporting the Director, including the organisation of itineraries.
- Development of strong relations with counterparts in COPA/COGECA and other farming association groups in Brussels.
- Regular liaison with colleagues in the Irish Farmers’ Association’s Dublin office.
- Monitoring and sourcing relevant agriculture related documents, including policy statements and press releases and timely communication to appropriate IFA channels.
- Assisting with the maintenance of IFA’s Brussels profile.
- While the role is primarily office based, the successful candidate would be expected to attend some meetings and events with IFA officers.
Start date July 2018
Please apply with CV to email@example.com or by post to:
Director of European Affairs
Irish Farmers’ Association
Rue de Treves, 61
The deadline for applications is Monday, July 9th 2018 at 5pm.