The Department of Agriculture will shortly submit a proposal to the European Commission on how the the additional €25m in funding for Areas of Natural Constraint, secured by IFA in Budget 2018, will be allocated.
The allocation increases the ANC budget from €202m to €227m for 2018. 95,000 farmers benefit from the Areas of Natural Constraint scheme.
The proposal will be sent to the EU Commission for approval as part of the RDP amendment.
The new rates proposed for 2018
Mountain grazing land
An extra €13m will benefit 32,000 farmers fully or partly
- Increase on the rate for the first 10ha from €109.72 to €135.00
- Increase on the rate for the next 24ha from €95.99 to €112.00
- Maximum payment: €4,038 (was €3,390)
More severely handicapped land
An extra €9m will benefit 59,000 farmers fully or partly
- Increase to rate for first 30ha from €95.99 to €104.00
- Maximum payment: €3,120 (was 2,879)
Less severely handicapped land
An extra €3m benefiting 23,500 farmers fully or partly
- Increase to rate for first 30ha from €82.27 to €88.25
- Max payment €2,647.50 (was €2,468)