The Value of Agriculture at County Level – IFA Estimate
Agriculture is Ireland’s largest indigenous sector, with over 300,000 people employed directly or indirectly in the agri-food industry. Agri-food exports reached a record high of nearly €10b in 2013, with continued growth of almost 11% in the first half of 2014. The county-by-county information below provides an analysis of the value of agriculture to each county.
The following information is provided for each county:
- Farm Structure – Number of farms, farm size and stock on farm
- Forestry – land area under private forestry
- Farm Income and Direct Payments
- Value of Output and Exports
- Food and Drink processing jobs and other agri-industry employer