Career Opportunities with IFA
Graduate Policy Executive
The Irish Farmers Association (IFA) is a not-for-profit organisation with over 70,000 members that exist to promote and defend the interest of the Agriculture & Rural community.
Established in 1955 the IFA is acknowledged as the leading farm organisation in Ireland. The Association has a well-recognised record of achievement on National & EU farm policy formation and implementation and international trade developments affecting agriculture.
IFA is offering the opportunity for graduate policy executives to join its executive policy team. Reporting to the Director of Policy/Chief Economist, this role will involve market analysis and development of appropriate policy initiatives and responses to ensure the most effective possible representation for Ireland’s farmers.
- Regular market and trend analysis of various agricultural sectors
- Monitoring of ongoing developments in agricultural policy at Ireland and EU level
- Work closely with other members of the Policy Executive team in developing robust responses to policy developments
- Ongoing interaction with local and national representatives of IFA assisting them in supporting our membership base
The successful candidates will have:
- A 3rd-level qualification in Agriculture or another relevant discipline
- A good understanding of Irish agriculture along with the challenges and opportunities facing the industry
- Strong organisational skills & attention to detail
- Good ability to work on your own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
- A mature approach to work & building a long-term career
To apply for the position, send your CV & cover note to email@example.com no later than Monday, July 12th.