Fodder Support Scheme
|Submissions for the Fodder Support Scheme are now closed as of September 5th, 2022.|
|Information last updated May 19th, 2023|
All details are taken from the Department of Agriculture, Food & the Marine ‘Schemes & Payments’ section located here.
Please check this section for the latest information and updates relating to Farm Schemes & Payments.
What is the Fodder Support Scheme?
The purpose of the Fodder Support Scheme 2023 (FSS) is to incentivise farmers to grow sufficient grass and conserve fodder (silage and/or hay) for the 2023 winter in order to reduce the risk of potential animal welfare issues occurring, as a result of the impact of the Russian invasion of Ukraine on the price of key inputs involved in the production of fodder such as fertiliser, diesel and plastic, which have increased significantly over the last 12 months.
How to Qualify
To be eligible for FSS 2023, you must:
- Have a valid 2022 Fodder Support Scheme application.
- Apply for FSS online at agfood.ie on or before the 05th December 2022.
- Confirm and agree to cut and conserve the declared area for silage and or hay by 05th September 2023.
- Confirm and agree that applicants will have an opportunity to amend the declared cuts when it re-opens in 2023.
- Confirm and agree if the Fodder Support Scheme 2023 is not fully delivered recoupment of some or all of the monies will apply.
- You must agree to comply with the terms & conditions of the Fodder Support Scheme 2023.
- Submit a valid 2023 BISS application online on or before 23.59hrs on the 10th of June 2023.
- Only grassland parcels will be eligible. Tillage land is not eligible to receive support under this scheme.
- At least 5% of participants will be selected for inspection with a further 3% subject to administrative checks.
In order to apply for Fodder Support Scheme 2023 you must be registered with agfood.ie and apply online on or before 05th December 2022.
Rates of Payment
The payment rate will be up to €100 per eligible hectare, on up to a maximum of 10 hectares.
Payments are expected to commence to cleared cases in December 2022.
Fodder Support Scheme
Address: Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Old Abbeyleix Road, Portlaoise, Co. Laois
Email: [email protected]
Phone number: +353 57 8674422