SheepSheep Welfare Scheme

Rollover Of Sheep Welfare Scheme Important For New Entrants

Sheep Welfare Scheme

IFA National Sheep Chairman Sean Dennehy has welcomed the announcement by the Minister for Agriculture Charlie McConalogue of the payment of the Sheep Welfare Scheme to 18,200 farmers.

The funding of €14.7m is an advance of 85%, and the remaining 15% payment will be paid in 2021.

Sean Dennehy has also welcomed the news that the scheme will run again next year.

“This provides new entrants with the opportunity to join the scheme, which is something IFA has campaigned for,” he said.

Sean Dennehy said the current reference years don’t reflect the flock numbers on many sheep farms.

“This has to be updated if we want to encourage generational renewal on sheep farms in the country,” he said.

Related Articles