Farm FamilyFarm Family Reports
Farm Family Council Report March 2021
Activity since last National Council
- The National Public Health Emergency Team on Tuesday, 28th February 2021 reported:
- A total of 4,319 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
- A total of 219,592 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland, 612 new cases were confirmed on the 27th February 2021.
- The 7-day incidence rate is 96.0
- The COVID-19 Dashboard provides the most up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community.
- IFA is a COVID Vaccine Partner and part of the Community Network. The vaccination programme continues to be rolled out nationwide, and more than 359,616 vaccines have been administered as of the 22nd February 2021. This week the vaccination programme has continued with people aged 85 and over being invited for their vaccines by GPs. When this group is complete, we’ll move on to the next age-group, those aged 80 or over, then 75 and over, then 70 and over and then those with some serious medical conditions. Factual up to date information about COVID-19 Vaccine on www.hse.ie/covid19vaccine or you can phone HSE team on 1850 24 1850/01 240 8787 or email [email protected].
- The Government published the COVID-19 Resilience and Recovery 2021: The Path Ahead, which sets out a revised plan for managing the virus.
- The following updates relate to Health and Safety:
- There have been 2 farm fatalities officially recorded by HSA to date. To keep up to date on farm fatalities click here.
- An application for a Farm Safety Scheme was submitted by IFA in partnership with FRS, FBD and HSA under the European Innovation Partnerships (EIP) call for innovative farm health, safety and wellbeing projects proposals.
- IFA Farm Family & Social Affairs committee have established a Farm Safety Working Group to develop a 2021 plan with focus on improved knowledge sharing at County Executives and digital plan for Farm Safety Week.
- IFA has representation on two sub-group in the FSPAC; Livestock (Brendan Golden) and Health & Vulnerable People (C. Farrell).
- A new Farm Family useful services directory has been created and can be accessed on IFA.ie, click here.
- Safeguarding Ireland have launched a campaign to create greater public understanding of coercive control and a call for wider legislation to recognise coercive control in all relevant adult relationships, particularly involving vulnerable adults.
- The Nursing Home Support Scheme (Amendment) Bill is on the Spring legislative list and as the Taoiseach stated at IFA AGM it is Government priority that the legislation is enacted as soon as possible.
- National Farm Family & Social Affairs committee meeting took place on 11th February 2021.
Any EU/COPA developments
- The Irish applicant was not shortlisted for 2021 Innovation Awards for Women Farmers, Women Farmers in the drivers seat of climate innovation.
- Maintain pressure on Minister Butler to progress amendment to Fair Deal legislation.
- Develop farm safety plan for 2021.
- IFA & Safeguarding Ireland to develop a future planning guidance document.