Forestry Member Benefits
Farmers have a central role to play in the development of the forest sector. The private forest sector accounts for nearly 50% or 350,000 hectares of the national forestry estate, which are predominantly owned and managed by farmers.
IFA Farm Forestry working to protect the value of your forestry.
IFA supports YOU as a farmer with forestry by providing:
- Professional forestry advice – direct access to a professional forester with nearly 15 years’ experience in forestry.
- Representation at local, national and European level – IFA represents your views to positively influence forest policy and development strategies through direct lobbying and strategic campaigns.
- IFA timber market report – regular timber price information sourced from forest owners, timber buyers and sawmills.
- 25% discount on Forest Assessor – timber measurement, valuation and timber yield optimisation service so farmers know the value of their timber crop.
- IFA Forestry newsletters – catch up on the main forestry news, forest management advice, and market information, compiled specifically for members.
- Email and texting services – keep up to date on the latest local and national forestry news, advice, meetings or events.
- Online resources – providing members with information on grant schemes, management advice, a directory of service providers per county and other useful information.
- ESB / IFA Compensation Agreement – for loss of tree planting rights.
- Free admission to National Forestry Conference – Farm Forestry members get free admission to partake in important discussions on pertinent forestry issues.