Dairy Council Report November 2021
Farm Gate Prices – September 2021
|Processor||PROTEIN €/kg||c/L protein value||FAT €/kg||c/L fat value||Volume Charge |
Ornua PPI – July 2021
Below are the last four months prices, including VAT. Since the publication of the Ornua Value Payment in July 2020, we can see that the value of this payment has doubled in the period from July to October. Last year the value of the payment was €18.3m while this year the payment was worth €37.7m. Yet evident from the milk price table above, this premium is not reflected in the farm gate price farmers are receiving.
|Ornua PPI (c/L)||35.5||35.3||36.6||38|
|Ornua Value Payment||€10.05m||€10.11m||€9.66m||€7.95m|
|Adjusted PPI (c/L) (VAT incl)||38.72||38.71||39.86||41.68|
Milk Supply – July 2021
Domestic milk intake by creameries and pasteurisers was estimated at 779.3 million litres for September 2021. This represents an increase of 7.4% over September 2020.
The Protein content decreased from 3.78 % in September 2020 to 3.74% in September 2021.
During the period January to September 2021, domestic intake was estimated at 7,387 million litres, an increase of 6.4% when compared to the corresponding period for 2020.
Latest Commodity Prices
GDT 2nd November
EU Spot Commodity Prices 26th October
European Futures Market
|Butter||Nov 21 – Jun 22||€5182||+3.7%|
|SMP||Nov 21 – Jun 22||€2986||-0.8%|
|Whey||Nov 21 – Jun 22||€1075||+2.8%|
Nitrates Action Programme
- Since the closure of the second consultation process in September IFA have been in continuous negotiations with DAFM to negotiate the current proposals.
- All proposals must be agreed by the Nitrates Expert Group, both the Minister of Agriculture and the Minister of Housing and then the National Parks and Wildlife services before they can be presented to the Commission at the next nitrates meeting scheduled for the 15th December.
- Once this is completed, then DAFM can request permission for the nitrates derogation from the Commission.
- In October IFA successfully lobbied Minister English at the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment for work permits for dairy farm assistants.
- 100 permits have now been offered for this role for people who wish to work in Ireland from outside the EU.
- While the initial ask was for 300 permits, we welcome the introduction of 100 permits which can be built upon to deliver more consistent issuing of permits for this role.