Hill Farming Committee
About the Hill Farming Committee
- The Hill Farmers Committee represents 20,000 hill farmers.
- The main objective to the Committee is to improve farm income and to seek supports through various measures which are necessary to sustain in these difficult areas.
- The membership of the Committee is drawn from those counties that have a high proportion of hill land.
- The Committee deals with all aspects of CAP both Pillar I and Pillar II as it affects hill farmers.
- It is also involved in the recreational use of hill land mainly through the walks scheme and through involvement with Comhairle na Tuaithe.
Hill Farming Committee 2020
|ROLE & COUNTY||NAME||MOBILE NO.|
|CHAIRMAN:||Flor McCarthy||086 2612989|
|CO-OPTED NMA||Michael Biggins||087 2895966|
|CLARE||Stephen Walsh||087 6303046|
|CONNEMARA||Eamon Nee||087 9334642|
|Cork (W)||Neilie O’Leary||086 8226784|
|DONEGAL||Bernard C. Duffy||087 2545795|
|KERRY||Pat O’Shea||086 1738187|
|KILDARE / WEST WICKLOW||Denis Halpin||087 2988557|
|LEITRIM||Padraig McGowan||086 8046458|
|LOUTH||Peter Shields||087 2685801|
|MAYO||Thomas Mulchrone Jnr.||087 1343305|
|SLIGO||Benedict Gallagher||087 9905123|
|WATERFORD / SOUTH TIPP||Peter Hennessy||087 9612531|
|WICKLOW||Peter Murphy||086 8229882|
|WEXFORD||Gabriel O’Neill||086 8139795|