Hill Farming Committee
About the Hill Farming Committee
- The Hill Farmers Committee represents 20,000 hill farmers.
- The main objective to the Committee is to improve farm income and to seek supports through various measures which are necessary to sustain in these difficult areas.
- The membership of the Committee is drawn from those counties that have a high proportion of hill land.
- The Committee deals with all aspects of CAP both Pillar I and Pillar II as it affects hill farmers.
- It is also involved in the recreational use of hill land mainly through the walks scheme and through involvement with Comhairle na Tuaithe.
|ROLE & COUNTY||NAME||MOBILE NO.|
|CHAIR||Cáillin Conneely||087 1314969|
|CO-OPTED NMA||Michael Biggins||087 2895966|
|CLARE||Stephen Walsh||087 6303046|
|CONNEMARA/ GALWAY||P.J. Conroy||087 2601707|
|CORK (W)||Neilie O’Leary||086 8226784|
|DONEGAL||David Boyd||087 1364509|
|KERRY||Pat O’Shea||086 1738187|
|KILDARE / WEST WICKLOW||Kevin Hanlon||087 6577520|
|LEITRIM||Padraig McGowan||086 8046458|
|LOUTH||Peter Shields||087 2685801|
|MAYO||Pat Chambers||087 2348697|
|SLIGO||Benedict Gallagher||087 9905123|
|WATERFORD / SOUTH TIPP||Peter Hennessy||087 9612531|
|WICKLOW||Peter Behan||087 9379789|
|CARLOW||Jay Kelly||087 7907475|
|CO-OPTED||Flor McCarthy||086 2612989|