Have Some Potatoes on St Patrick’s Day!
Try this recipe for ‘St Patrick’s Souffle’ potato skins with bacon and cabbage, created for this year’s St Patrick’s Day!
Get more great potato recipes at www.potato.ie or follow @tastypotatoes on Twitter!
Total time 20 minutes
- 4 potatoes (such as Rooster)
- 20g butter, melted
- 75g of ham, chopped
- 100g cooked (savoy) cabbage, shredded
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 10g chopped parsley
- 2tbsp sour cream
- 2 large egg, separated
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
How to do it
- Pre-heat your oven to 200*c / gas 5.
- Prick the potatoes with a skewer and wrap in cling film and pop into the microwave for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the cooked jackets in half and scoop out the potato into a large mixing bowl. Brush the inside of the potato skins with the melted butter and pop into the hot oven to crisp a little.
- Mash the potato with a fork and mix in the chopped ham, cooked shredded cabbage, Dijon mustard, egg yolk, chopped parsley and sour cream. Give it all a really good mix.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg white until white light and fluffy. Fold into the potato mixture.
- Remove the skins from the oven. Spoon the potato mixture into the skins, top with the grated cheese and pop back into the oven for about 8 minutes until golden.
- Serve with fresh crisp salad.