Try this recipe for ‘St Patrick’s Souffle’ potato skins with bacon and cabbage, created for this year’s St Patrick’s Day!
Total time 20 minutes
- 4 potatoes (such as Rooster)
- 20g butter, melted
- 75g of ham, chopped
- 100g cooked (savoy) cabbage, shredded
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 10g chopped parsley
- 2tbsp sour cream
- 2 large egg, separated
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
How to do it
- Pre-heat your oven to 200*c / gas 5.
- Prick the potatoes with a skewer and wrap in cling film and pop into the microwave for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the cooked jackets in half and scoop out the potato into a large mixing bowl. Brush the inside of the potato skins with the melted butter and pop into the hot oven to crisp a little.
- Mash the potato with a fork and mix in the chopped ham, cooked shredded cabbage, Dijon mustard, egg yolk, chopped parsley and sour cream. Give it all a really good mix.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg white until white light and fluffy. Fold into the potato mixture.
- Remove the skins from the oven. Spoon the potato mixture into the skins, top with the grated cheese and pop back into the oven for about 8 minutes until golden.
- Serve with fresh crisp salad.