National Dairy Beef Welfare Scheme
The National Dairy Beef Welfare scheme is now closed as of May 2nd, 2023.
|Information last updated May 19th, 2023|
All details are taken from the Department of Agriculture, Food & the Marine ‘Schemes & Payments’ section located here.
Please check this section for the latest information and updates relating to Farm Schemes & Payments.
The scheme will be funded by the Irish exchequer. Details of the scheme have been notified to the European Commission in accordance with the COVID-19 Temporary State Aid Framework and approval of applications under the measure will be subject to commission decision on the measure.
What is the National Dairy Beef Welfare Scheme?
The objective of the National Dairy Beef Welfare Scheme is to support decision making on farms through better quality data on herd performance and to increase the economic and environmental efficiency of the beef from the dairy herd, and to facilitate further the integration of the dairy and beef sectors by providing support for farmers who are rearing progeny from the dairy herd.
How to Qualify
You can apply if you:
- are the owner of an active herd number with Herd Owner status
- submit a Basic Income Support for Sustainability application in 2023 and
- had a male calf of a dairy breed OR a male or female calf of a beef breed sire born to a dairy breed dam in your herd
These eligible calves must have been:
- at least 12 weeks of age at the time of weighing and been registered on the holding they are being weighed on for a minimum of 10 days prior to the date of weighing
- in your herd for at least 10 days before weighing
- born between 1st July 2022 and 30 June 2023
Actions you need to take to qualify
- you must weigh a minimum of 5 eligible calves and submit the weights to the ICBF
- calves must be at least 12 weeks old at the time of weighing
- all weights should be submitted within 7 days of weighing and before 1 November 2023
These actions must be completed in full to be eligible for any payment under the programme.
Rate of Payment
You can get up to €20 per eligible calf weighed. You must weigh at least 5 eligible calves and no more than 50.
The weights must be submitted to the ICBF for you to get a payment.
Payments will be made in December 2023.
How to Apply
Applications must be made on agfood.ie
The closing date for applications is 2 May 2023 .
This is an outline of the measure. The Terms and Conditions must be read for the full information.
Beef Schemes Section
Address: Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Government Buildings, Old Abbeyleix Road, Portlaoise, Co Laois , R32 PRA6
Email: [email protected]
Phone number: +353 (0) 57 86 74422