Dairy Council Report April 2021
Robust demand for dairy products as we approach peak milk production should return a healthy milk price to farmers this month. Milk prices for March Milk will be announced this week and next week. Though seasonality bonuses offered by some processors will be removed this month, the return from the market place warrants a rise in base price quotations.
The Ornua PPI for March is due this week. For February the PPI was 108.5. The Ornua Value Payment was worth €1.1m. Taking account of this, the IFA adjusted PPI amounts to 34.99 c/L, including VAT.
The Farmgate prices paid for milk (3.6% fat and 3.3.% protein) produced in February are listed below. Prices ranged from 32 c/L to 35c/L, including bonuses and VAT.
|Processor||PROTEIN €/kg||c/L protein value||FAT €/kg||c/L fat value||VOLUME CHARGE||A+B-C||Bonus||VAT exclusive||VAT||VAT inclusive|
Spot prices for commodities are positive across each of the market indicators.
|GDT – 6th April||€4865 (2%)||€2836 (0.6%)||€3700 (2.2%)|
|EU MMO – 28thMarch||€3890 (2.1%)||€2450 (2%)||€3080 (0%)|
Glanbia Peak Milk Management
- We have had several meetings with management of Glanbia regarding the peak milk management policy announced by Glanbia in March.
- We have sought legal advice on the validity of the Milk Supplier Agreement.
Dairy Beef Scheme
- The Dairy Beef Scheme has been opened. The closing date for applications is the 26th April. Applications must be made online on agfood.ie.
- Dairy Bull Calves and Beef calves from the dairy herd are eligible for the scheme.
- Requirement to weigh calves.
- Calves must be on your holding at least 10 days prior to weighing.
- Calves must have been born after the 1st January 2021.
- Weights must be submitted to ICBF within 7 days of weighing and before the 1st November.
- Calves must be at least 12 weeks old at the time of weighing.
- Rate of payment is €20 per calf up to a maximum payment for 20 calves.
- Payments will be made in December.