Milk price and Liquid Milk Market
- For liquid milk producers, the milk price this time of year is the creamery milk price;
- July Milk Price Update:
- Glanbia: Base price of 29.68c/L for creamery milk at 3.6% fat and 3.3% protein. Farmer members will receive an additional 0.42c/L as their share of GI Profit. Totalling 30.1c/L.
- Lakeland Dairies: Base price of 31c/L, up 1c from June price.
- Kerry: Base milk price of 30.5c/L. No change from price announced last month.
- Barryroe Co-op: Variable milk price for July is unchanged at 32.76c/L at 6% fat and 3.3% protein, including SCC bonus, VAT and 1c from Carbery stability fund.
- Arrabawn: Increased the price to 31c/L including VAT, an increase of 0.5c/L.
- Dairygold: Increase of 0.5c/L for its July quoted milk price to 30.69c/L, based on standard constituents of 3.3% protein and 3.6% butterfat, inclusive of bonuses and VAT.
- Aurivo: Paying a milk price of 31 cent including vat for July milk.
- Carbery: Carbery is maintaining its milk price for July. If this decision is replicated across the four West Cork co-ops; Bandon, Barryroe, Drinagh and Lisavaird, this will result in an average price for July of 31.9cpl, inclusive of VAT. 1cpl in support continues to be paid from the stability fund. The price is exclusive of SCC or any other adjustments which may be made by the co-ops.
- The National Liquid Milk Committee has been actively supporting the milk price lobbying effort by the National Dairy Committee, and will continue to do so in the weeks and months ahead.
Activities since last Council
- Keith O’Boyle was elected as new Chairman by postal vote, and a virtual meeting took place to formally hand over.
- The Committee is developing a short strategic document for liquid milk to pursue some of the issues that have yet to be delivered from our 2017 strategy, and to feed into the National Milk Agency strategy for the next 5 years.
- Developing a milk pricing systems app to calculate payment on solids.
- Organising meetings with retailers to introduce the New Chairman, Keith O’Boyle.
- The National Liquid Milk Committee will continue to support the lobbying effort by the National Dairy Committee.
|Policy Officer||Anna Daly|